PASZ would like the city council to develop a fifth scenario that should focus on what can be done to improve the lives of Palo Altans.
for providing slow housing growth for specific categories of people.
Our position is that
A decrease in traffic and pollution must be achieved, PRIOR to increasing the population of the city, and that mitigations to do that need to prove effective and and meet a set goal.
Once this is accomplished, the city could then proceed with a slow housing program that prioritizes housing for those whose presence would provide diversity for an economy that serves all residents.
1. people who under present conditions will never be able to buy here, typically defined as middle class: clerical workers, teachers, city staff, middle management, tradespeople, low income workers, service workers, small business owners
2. seniors living here who don’t own their houses or still have mortgages and want to retire
3. The homeless
Further: To maintain quality of life for all residents, all housing must:
- meet the current housing element and municipal code DESIGN guidelines.
- We must Maintain the 50 foot height limit.
- We must Retain all view corridors that provide beauty and a sense of place to our city.